We are a church of the Lutheran Church Australia (LCA). Lutherans make no claim to being the only Christian Church. In fact we believe there is only ONE Christian church which is an invisible church of all believers – both from within and beyond the Lutheran Church.
The Lutheran Church is a mainline Christian denomination, and shares central biblical truths with other Christian churches. Along with other mainline churches of all times;
- We confess the Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed.
- We believe in the Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is both truly God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and truly human, born of the Virgin Mary.
- We hold the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the authoritative source for our teaching and practice.
- Along with other Protestant churches we teach that people are put right with God by God’s undeserved love on account of Jesus’ death and resurrection and that this right relationship is received by people through faith. ‘Grace alone’, ‘Christ alone’, ‘Faith alone’, ‘Scripture alone’ is a simple summary of Protestant teaching in this area.